The University of Sheffield, Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre
Contract Value: £43m
The project comprised of new Factory 2050 and Large Scale Assembly Hall construction on Sheffield Business Park.
The works included the construction of factory and assembly hall spaces, offices, seminar/exhibition accommodation, Kitchen and ancillary supporting facilities.
Factory 2050 was designed to help advanced manufacturers respond to increasing demand for high levels of flexibility and is now home to the AMRC’s Integrated Manufacturing Group (IMG).
Full detailed M&E design from a client’s brief, site monitoring and cost control for:
- Displacement Ventilation System
- General Ventilation supplying fresh air to Offices
- Ground Source Heat Pumps
- HVAC Heating including trench heating
- Compressed Air Services including New Plant
- Domestic Water Services
- CAT 5 Water Services
- Comfort Cooling for Offices
- Above Ground Drainage
- Electrical Services (HV and LV)
- Small Power
- Internal and External Lighting
- Data and Telecommunications / Fire Alarms
- BREEAM Very Good